Friday, March 20, 2009

How well He knows us!!

This is how He knows us - Isaiah 49:15 & 16 "Can a woman forget her nursing child, and not have compassion on the son of her womb? Surely they may forget, yet I will not forget you. See, I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands; your walls are continually before Me" What a lovely picture this paints of His love and care in our lives.



We live in Choctaw Oklahoma. I love to feed the birds and every year look forward to the return of the hummingbirds. They should be arriving in the next few days!! Almost every year one or more will get so excited about the feeders that they will fly into one of our sun room windows and get knocked out. On many occasions I have had the pleasure of holding one of these sweet little jewels in my hand while they gain their composure. I love to talk softly to them and look at all the beautiful detail that the Lord Himself gave to them at creation. I study their glistening eyes. The variance of their colors. I truly love the opportunity to hold these tiny little creatures.I am sure you haven't already gathered that!!



In this same way I picture the Lord looking at me and studying my every detail & still He loves me!!!! He studies the wild natural curly hair, the lines that have begun to creep across my 50+ face, the heart that loves Him & waits for His return. He also sees and knows my every short coming and is quick to forgive. Words fail me, I can't even begin to imagine that. Can you? What a wonderful God we serve!!!

1 comment: